Alignment Vinyasa - A system of yoga inspired by Anusara principles of alignment. Challenging poses linked together with breath and the opportunity to explore the full spectrum of postures (standing, twisting, back bending, arm balancing, inversions).
Hatha Yoga - A physical practice of poses to create awareness. There are many styles of Hatha Yoga, such as Iyengar, Vinyasa Flow, Power and Restorative. All styles aim to create a balance of strength & flexibility for the mind, body and spirit.
Iyengar Yoga - A system of yoga named after the living yoga instructor, B.K.S Iyengar, who is in 90's and still practicing and teaching yoga. This style emphasizes precision, sequence and subtlety. Postures may be held for more extended periods of time, allowing an intensive investigation of the deeper layers of practice.
Integrated Flow - Intergrated Form of Yoga. Sanskrit Chanting, Pranayama, Meditation, Traditional India Sun Salutations, and Asana practice. The practice and teachings are based on a more traditional approach to yoga, by always integrating all these aspects into the practice with a focus on breath and movement.
Vinyasa Flow Yoga - An exhilerating style of yoga where postures flow one into the other and focus on cultivating breath with movement.
Restorative Yoga - Postures that are held for a longer period of time. Sometimes using blankets, bolsters, chairs, etc. which allows the body and nervous system to deeply relax.
Yoga for Cyclists - The key areas that can be overworked or strain while cycling are: hamstrings, quadriceps, hips and lower back (caused by a constant forward flexion of the spine.) Yoga poses help open what is contracted and focuses on the breath. This can help cultivate a mind, body awareness that can be transported to the bike. Improve flexibility, core, strength, and balance.
BodySculpt Bootcamp- Exercises done with resistance bands & light weights
designed to evenly condition the body by firming and sculpting lean
muscles without adding excess bulk; giving you a sleek, toned
appearance and improved posture.
Dance Movement (NIA) - A dynamic fitness class that leaves you feeling recharged and blissfully alive! Known as the "Love Your Body Workout" Nia blends dance, martial arts and healing arts to allow your inner child, athlete, warrior, dancer and guru to expressively emerge.
Individual Yoga Instruction (by appointment) - A practice designed for the individual needs of the student.
Guidelines & Etiquette:
* If you are new we suggest you try several different styles of classes to find which is appropriate for you.
* Arrive 5-10 min. before class to sign-in & set up.
* No reservations are required, but some classes fill up.
* Notify the instructor of any injuries before class.
* Mats & props are provided for your use.
* Wear comfortable clothing you can move in.
* Avoid eating 1-2 hrs. before class if possible.
* Turn off cell phones.
* Class begins & ends with a silent relaxation.
* Take valuables inside studio.
* Leave shoes outside of studio.
* If you are late or need to leave early, be mindful & courteous of your fellow students.
* Be patient & work at your own pace. Breathe. Progress comes with practice.